Monday, January 28, 2013

Exciting News...

We booked our venue!!!  I am beyond excited and over the moon.  Michael and I will officially become Mr. and Mrs. on:

April 25, 2014
 
Thinking about it is surreal.  I will become a married woman in 14 months.  While this might seem like a long way out, I know time is going to fly.  We will be saying our I Do's at the Silver Swan Bayside on Kent Island, MD.  For those of you familiar with Maryland, it is just on the other side of the Bay Bridge.  Anyone interested can check out their website: http://www.silverswanbayside.com/
 
This venue embodies the rustic and comfortable style we (well I) am planning for our wedding.  No one else will be there but our family and friends.  It overlooks the Chesapeake Bay and just reminds me of home.
 
We are taking a bit of a leap of faith because the entire venue will be undergo a $2 million rennovation in November.  I absolutely love the place now so it can only go up...at least I hope.  The are raising the roof up by 6 feet and are swapping out the wall of french doors for those doors that fold flat and open up the space completely. 
 
Of course there are a million questions in my head.  What if I hate the new look?  What if they aren't done on time?  What if something goes wrong?  But I have to trust my gut and the coordinator at the venue, who as assured me they will be done by April 2014 and they are not changing the beachy feel.
 
I am definitely one of those girls who makes a decision quick and sticks by it.  It takes a lot to talk me out of something once my mind is made up.  So I know in my heart everything will turn out beautifully and even if it doesn't, who cares.  The person I love will be standing by my side and we will be surrounded by everyone who loves us.  In the end, that's all that really matters.
 



2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! What a relief, huh? I remember once we got our venue booked and date secured it was like I jumped a big hurdle! Glad to run across your blog! I'm blogging for Souther Weddings mag as well. Can't wait to keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E :) I will be sure to check out your blog as well. Good luck with all planning!

      Delete