Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Will you help me tie the knot...

Now you have the guy, you need your girls!! One of the biggest decision to make during wedding planning is asking the special ladies in your life to join you up at the alter and help you tie the knot.  I am blessed with many wonderful women in my life so keeping it to a reasonable number was going to tough.  I always knew my little sister was going to be my maid of honor.  That one was easy.  After some discussion with M, we landed on lucky number 7 as a good amount of people to each have in our wedding party.  This may sound HUGE to some people but again, we have so many important people in our lives!

M went about asking his groomsmen over beers, without much fanfare.  I however, like to emphasize the importance of things in a bigger way (I guess I've always had a flare for drama).  Plus I LOVE giving gifts.  I know that sounds cheesy but I really do love finding that special thing for someone I care about.  After all, these girls were going to be spending quite a bit on dresses, hair, makeup, etc so it's the least a bride can do right?

Here is what I found on Etsy:


The price was right at $17 each.  It's really adorable on your wrist and fits in with our waterfront wedding venue.  I asked most of my maids in person since they either live around here or are family.  M has two older sisters who have basically become like my sisters so I knew I definitely wanted them to be a part of our special day.  For my best friend who lives up in NY, I knew I would have to mail hers since we don't get to see each other all that often.  For her I made a card on my computer:

 

Sorry for the sideways pictures but you get the idea.  There are lots of options on Etsy if you aren't feeling crafty or would only want to give out cards instead of a gift.  The possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination (and wallet). 

I wear my bracelet everyday and every time I look at it, I am reminded of all of the special people I am blessed to have in my life.  And I couldn't imagine not sharing the Best Day Ever without them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment